Storage Data Protection - Operations (Contractor)
Posted Oct 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 96936
Bloomberg’s Storage Data Protection Team manages a complex Data backup, retention, and recovery system within our world class Data Center environments. The team’s mission is to ensure stability within Engineering by providing Data Protection, Recovery, and Archiving services for Bloomberg’s production systems.
What’s in it for you:
You’ll help execute daily backup activities, including tape swaps and troubleshooting as well as helping to standardize our configuration tools. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance tools, processes, and operational support.
Who you are:
You have knowledge in distributed backup and recovery as well as experience in enterprise backup configuration. You’re a self-starter who has a thirst for knowledge. You enjoy performing operations work and thinking outside of the box to come up with creative solutions to problems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide administrative support for existing NetBackup infrastructure and Data Protection process
- Manage daily operational work with both system and software resources
- Create and maintain documentation, training, runbook, and SLAs for managed infrastructure
- BS in Computer Science/Information technology or equivalent experience Knowledge of Veritas NetBackup software administration(Netbackup 8.x or higher)
- Worked with large scale tape hardware management as well as network storage (Netapp and Isilon)
- Knowledge of UNIX, linux(all flavors), Windows
- Working knowledge of JIRA concepts and processing
You need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Experience with programming - Python preferred
- Knowledge of Chef, SaltStack, GitHub, APIs, and SDLC concepts
- Experience with performing upgrades and performance tuning
- Working knowledge of monitoring and reporting tools
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment under multiple deadlines
- The ability to quickly pick up new technologies and learn new software quickly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.