2020 Data Analyst - Bloomberg Law
Posted Jan 30, 2020 - Requisition No. 81061
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In Global Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it to help answer our clients’ questions. We manage data and workflow processes on the Bloomberg Law platform to help our clients solve problems such as how frequently a judge has ruled against summary judgment in similar cases or which group of cases cite to a specific legal principle. Our data also provides our clients with analysis, which allows them to determine whether a case is still valid for legal filings or if there is a key case missing from their legal arguments. We analyze data so our teams can turn it into insights for our users.
What's the role?
You’ll launch your career in the Global Data Training Program. You will receive both classroom and on the job training to put you on a path to leverage your technical acumen and intellectual curiosity. After training, you’ll play a key role in acquiring, transforming, and facilitating the publication of legal content and analyses that empowers our clients to make the right decisions. Data Analysts with Bloomberg Law also provide editorial support and work to solve complex issues, helping to drive news content in the legal space.
You can expect to:
- Research various content sets to find opportunities to expand our legal coverage
- Utilize domain expertise to format data and maintain data quality standards
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow improvements
- Respond to stakeholder queries
- Learn our workflows and technology while expanding your legal market knowledge
- Collaborate with other data teams, Engineering, Product Management, News, and Bloomberg Intelligence to understand client needs and create tangible business impact
Once you understand and perform the essential functions of a Data Analyst with Bloomberg Law, you may have the opportunity to:
- Design database schemas, write & configure ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) software, create business rules in code for quality checks, and configure end-to-end workflows to process data from acquisition to publish
- Research data to improve processes, enhance workflow, reduce costs, and drive value to Bloomberg - Law by suggesting/creating product enhancements
- Identify insights to generate news stories to make tangible business impact
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university prior to starting
- Can begin working full-time in 2020
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You also need to have:
- 0-2 years previous work/internship experience in information technology, engineering, law, finance, - business management, data analysis, or research
- Demonstrated project/work experience using one or more programming language
- Ability to recognize problems as well as identify and implement innovative solutions
- Basic knowledge of ETL processing
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability and desire to collaborate
- Prior coursework or involvement within a field related to Law, Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Economics, Business, or other applied sciences
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.