2020 Market Data Analyst - February
Posted Nov 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 79886
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In Global Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to help answer our clients’ questions. We manage data and workflow processes on the Bloomberg Terminal to help our clients solve problems such as how to measure the risk of monsoons in Vietnam, so clients looking to invest in agriculture there can make more informed decisions; or how to measure the real wealth of people in Venezuela, for clients who want to open stores in South America. We analyze data so our teams can turn it into insights for our users.
What's the role?
You’ll launch your career in the Global Data Training Program. You will receive both classroom and on the job training to put you on a path to leverage your technical acumen and intellectual curiosity. After training, you’ll play a key role in producing financial content, algorithms, research notes and analyses for our clients while also inspiring news content that empowers our clients to make the right decisions. Market Data Analysts also provide unparalleled customer service and work to solve complex issues, while establishing relationships with key market players in the financial industry.
You can expect to:
- Research various content sets to find applicable data for our products
- Utilize domain expertise to format data and maintain data quality standards
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow improvements
- Respond to client queries
- Learn our workflows and technology, while expanding upon your financial market knowledge
- Collaborate with other data teams, Engineering, Product Management, News and Bloomberg Intelligence to understand client and market needs and create tangible business impact
Once you understand and perform the essential functions of a Market Data Analyst, you may have the opportunity to:
- Design database schemas, write and configure ETL (Extract Transform and Load) software, create business rules in code for quality checks, and configure end to end workflows to process data from acquisition to publishing
- Research data to improve processes, enhance workflow, reduce costs, drive value to the Terminal by suggesting/creating product enhancements
- Identify insights to generate news stories to make tangible business impact
- Use data science methods and statistical tools to bring on new datasets and identify patterns and trends
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university prior to starting
- Can begin working full-time in February 2020
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You also need to have:
- 0-2 years previous work/internship experience in information technology, engineering, finance, business management, data analysis or research
- Demonstrated project/work experience using one or more programming language
- Ability to recognize problems as well as identify and implement innovative solutions
- Basic knowledge of statistics and financial modeling
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability and desire to collaborate
- Prior coursework or involvement within a field related to the Financial Markets, Informatics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or other applied sciences
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.