2020 Market Data Analyst Summer Internship – Princeton, NJ
Posted Oct 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 78846
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. You have a natural eye for detail, an interest in the data that feeds the financial markets, and an appetite for creating technological enhancements. Does this sound like you? If so, you could be just the intern we’re looking for in our Global Data department!
Our Global Data teams are responsible for supplying the financial data that sustains the Bloomberg Terminal. We manage data processes to help our clients solve problems such as how to measure the risk of monsoons in Vietnam, so clients looking to invest in agriculture there can make more informed decisions, or how to measure the real wealth of people in Venezuela, for clients who want to open stores in South America. Then, we normalize data so teams here can turn it into insights for our users.
What's the role?
As a Market Data Intern, you’ll apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our systems and current processes. You will collect, clean and present data, which moves markets and empowers our clients to make the right decisions on the iconic Bloomberg Terminal. Finally, you’ll work with our Market Data analysts who provide unparalleled customer service, establish relationships with key market players in the financial industry, inspire news content, and revolutionize Global Data at Bloomberg.
As a Market Data Intern, you will:
- Gain hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients and the financial markets
- Discover how we maintain the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which our data is famous for
- Carry-out real projects that have an exponential impact on our systems and clients
- Learn how we assist our clients with data-related queries
- Receive in-depth training in the areas of terminal navigation, computer scripting languages and professional development skills all from world-class professionals.
- You can also expect to be mentored by one of our experienced Analysts throughout the 10-week internship and we will make sure that you are given feedback to continue to develop your skills and expertise.
You'll need to have:
- Prior coursework or involvement within a field like Informatics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or other applied sciences
- Prior coursework or interest in the financial markets
- Extracurricular activities in addition to coursework
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Project management and organizational skills
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving, plus the drive to think creatively
You will need to be:
- Currently enrolled in a university with a graduation date between December 2020 and May 2021
- Available to work for the whole duration of 10 weeks from June 1st - August 7th 2020
- Legally authorized to live and work in the US without visa sponsorship
Please note that U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (green card holders), refugees, and asylees have permanent work authorization and will not require future U.S. employment sponsorship.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next step
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.