2021 Equity Data Analyst
Posted Feb 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 88902
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 330,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Global Data’s Company Financials team. Our team of Analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing. That’s where you come in.
As an Equity Data Analyst on our Company Financials team, your actions will produce powerful results. This entry-level opportunity will allow you to exercise your passion for finance and harness your technical skills. You will need to have the context – meaning that having passion for and an understanding of the markets is a must. With this foundation, you’ll develop expertise in key industries and manage the corresponding data. You’ll learn to leverage your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our customers. Our team is at the center of it all; the energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor. You’ll transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users. That’s our purpose - come find yours!
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Work on complex data projects related to Equity Fundamentals and Earnings Estimates data sets
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence – founding the backbone of our Research and Equity functionality
You’ll need to have:
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, or a related degree
- 0 to 2 years of work/internship experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- A can-do attitude, and a very proactive approach to each day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Demonstrated experience using Python, SQL, or related languages
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
We’d love to see:
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.