2022 Data Analyst
Posted Nov 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 97817
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Data Analyst you will apply your problem-solving skills to manage the financial data that feeds Bloomberg products, identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes, and establish links with key players in the financial market.
Our Data Analysts possess a unique combination of business insight and technical aptitude, as well as strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with various stakeholders. They use these skills to extract, transform and load timely, accurate and comprehensive data accessible to our clients across various Bloomberg platforms, playing a key role in empowering our clients to make well informed business decisions. Providing exceptional support assisting our clients with their data queries is a key part to the role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Provide in-depth customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the -Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships
- Design and manage workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Build subject matter expertise and technical skills to generate premium content, including data-driven news stories
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Use statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
You’ll need to have:
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, Information Systems, STEM, or a related degree or equivalent experience
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry
- 0 to 2 years of work/internship/academic experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- A can-do attitude, and a proactive approach to each day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Demonstrated experience using Python, SQL, or related languages
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.