Account Manager – Funds & ETF Data
Posted Jun 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 104938
With global assets under management in the hundreds of trillions of dollars, one of the primary areas for investment is in the mutual and exchange traded funds space. As a team, we are responsible for acquiring, ingesting, normalizing, and presenting market data pertaining to funds onto the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products. One of the key factors in this data flow is establishing and maintaining strong relationships with fund managers and other data providers in the funds industry. Our data coverage includes performance data such as pricing and assets, reference data such as strategy and fees, along with regulatory reporting requirements including ESG. Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, work closely with our clients, and understand their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients get access to a market leading fund data platform.
Bloomberg’s Funds Account Management team is looking for a data specialist to join its growing team in Princeton. As part of the team focused on covering all American ETFs as well as the Canadian Market, you will work with other Account Managers to develop deep ties with ETF issuers and Canadian asset managers to ensure their fund profiles are well maintained on Bloomberg. A successful Account Manager will use a deep knowledge of the funds market space to enhance the product and our customers’ experience.
We'll trust you to:
- Establish and manage relationships with a range of fund houses and data providers
- Use your market knowledge to perform market analysis to identify new areas for data procurement
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with raised client inquiries, and upskill our clients through training and client calls
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility in handling your account relationships
- Report on results of ongoing operations and projects, as required
- Maintain a working knowledge of the fund data space by processing data for your assigned fund coverage and answering client questions
- Experience working in the funds or asset management space or related industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly with client management
- Keen interest in relationship management
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to improve and further our products
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience and strong knowledge of key concepts for the ETF product and the Funds Market in Canada
- Experience working with international business groups and clients
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Experience working in the Agile Framework
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.