Americas Credit, Fixed Income Corporate Actions Data Specialist
Posted Jan 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 113452
Bloomberg runs on data. In Data, we are responsible for onboarding, analyzing, and supplying data to answer our clients’ most pressing questions. Our product is responsible for corporate action events affecting corporate bonds and preferred shares.
Whether you are sourcing relevant market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will ensure that we deliver accurate market data to the financial world first!
What you can expect from this opportunity:
You are the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that drives news and analysis. You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You are just the sort of person we are looking for to join Data.
Bloomberg Data is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to develop and expand the scope of Bloomberg's Fixed Income Corporate Actions Product. You will be part of a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for secondary market transactions happening on North American corporate bonds and preferred shares. Analysts within the team are in constant communication with liability management desks and other market participants who are involved with voluntary and mandatory distribution, redemption, and reorganization events. You will play a key role in producing financial content, calculations, research notes and analyses for our clients using the Bloomberg Terminal. Demonstrating a commitment to learning and a passion for the Fixed Income industry is required.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build positive and accountable relationships with clients, colleagues, and partners of the Fixed Income Corporate Actions product (including buy- and sell-side firms)
- Acquire an understanding of the workflows designed to deliver class-leading quality while meeting or exceeding the timeliness demands of the market
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement solutions and frameworks to enhance our processes, software, and data offerings
- Maintain the existing proprietary database
- Improve the relationships of our Terminal users to provide subject matter expertise by quickly and accurately answering client inquiries
- Integrate your natural interests and strengths with the Fixed Income product to add value beyond data acquisition and remediation. Explore new strengths and opportunities by upskilling.
- Support product development
You’ll need you to have:
- Relevant experience in a role within the financial markets, data analysis, information technology, credit document analysis, or research
- 2+ years of work experience is highly preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Effective research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication, customer service, and teamwork skills
- An interest in technology (Python, SQL, etc) and data analysis
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to enhance depth and breadth of coverage
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.