Posted Oct 22, 2018 - Requisition No. 71400
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across 88 data sets and thousands of applications, our Analysts are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily. None of this would be possible without maintaining the highest standard of operational excellence and efficiency, and we are the first line of defense for all system and workflow issues that impact data processing. We are the Global Data TechOps Integration & Support team.
From testing and integrating a new tech stack to replacing or augmenting current internal processing techniques, we provide ongoing technical support to legacy workflows and coordinate testing efforts globally. As we continue to grow and evolve our technology suite, we plan, monitor, execute and report on all testing processes- with the collective goal of delivering quality software to our internal users. We are developing a comprehensive approach to testing both legacy and new tech components prior to production roll-out, and that’s where you come in.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to write automated tests for various web-based applications, products, and other software components. You will work directly with Engineers and Data Analysts to understand workflows and to ideate solutions. You will use the latest open source tools and technologies to develop and evolve a reusable test automation framework for planning, preparing, executing, and reporting. You will wear many hats, and have the flexibility to be creative and innovative whilst personally disrupting the status quo. In this role, you will harness project management skills to manage your time and help our team surpass goals. At Bloomberg, you’ll feel like you’re at a start-up, but you’ll be in a large and established organization with global reach.
We will also trust you to:
- Automate various kinds of cases in order to test databases, stored procedures, and end-to-end workflows.
- Automate software testing for a web application that utilizes machine learning and deep learning services to extract metadata from documents.
- Ideate and maintain efficient test cases that cover all functional requirements and force defects to appear.
- Define when a feature is “done” by thoroughly testing and providing feedback on functionality and UI/UX design.
- Influence the development process and play an active role in iterations by providing insight to decision makers on performance testing.
- Identify opportunities to automate testing using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Develop testing strategies designed to improve software quality and promote best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Investigate, triage, and troubleshoot software defects if any arise after deployment.
- Facilitate communicate during major issues and communicate ongoing status to stakeholders.
- Conduct root cause analysis and create action plans to mitigate future incidents.
To be successful in this role, here is what you’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field.
- Prior experience in backend testing (Oracle and SQL server), API and stress-testing.
- Prior experience using automation tools (SoapUI and Selenium preferred) to produce test scripts in languages listed above.
- Ability to be resourceful, flexible, and data-driven while solving problems and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
- A keen eye for the details.
- Motivation to rise to the occasion and independently contribute, and equal passion for teamwork.
- Willingness to learn, and teach! We are committed to continual technical education, and we have a culture of mentorship.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, specifically SCRUM.
- The ability to work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.