BLAW Data Technology Team Leader
Posted Feb 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 73520
The Bloomberg Law (BLAW) division of Global Data supports best-in-class tools, search and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax. We extract knowledge from hundreds of millions of legal documents and build intelligent models to enable our customers to get the right answers quickly.
The BLAW Data Technology team is responsible for using and developing cutting-edge technologies to enhance our acquisition, data processing workflows and automation methods. The team provides primary support for BLAW GD teams located in Princeton and New York as well as other business stakeholders who utilize the tools, services and workflows built and maintained by the team.
You are an exemplary collaborator, and a highly motivated and experienced leader who has a proven track record of defining and executing strategies. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems. You are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead a team of data engineers that specialize in the tools and technology that we utilize for data processing.
- Encourage creativity and technical innovation each day.
- Set the group direction and strategy while communicating a clear vision to your team, department and the larger organization.
- Collaborate in order to design and implement solutions that aide/automate data processing in a flexible and reusable way.
- Lead the group in creating a center of excellence where best practices are leveraged to build and deploy technology solutions.
- Help build meaningful relationships with other department leaders and foster opportunities for closer collaboration.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a Technology department.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to advocate for the team’s agenda and successfully foster participation by other businesses in operational initiatives.
- The vision to align your department’s goals to the fast-changing landscape of data and technology.
- A proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with Global Data and Engineering managers and internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated customer service, negotiation, and relationship building skills while executing projects in a matrix organization.
- Ability to be a catalyst for change, and motivated to rise to the occasion.
- Passion for our dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated experience conducting process analysis and implementing solutions for efficiency.
- Player-coach mentality, and desire to develop and mentor employees.
- Creative and flexible approach to managing and problem solving.
- Willingness for occasional travel to locations in New York and Washington D.C.
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with Machine Learning Models and Data Science techniques.
- Knowledge of Litigation, Corporate Transactional, Legislative and/or Regulatory data.
- Experience with markup languages such as XML, HTML and familiarity with XSLT.
- Understanding of the existing Global Data technology stack.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.