BNEF Data Specialist
Posted Mar 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 101949
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a Data Specialist on the BloombergNEF Data team, you'll help grow Bloomberg's Energy Storage and Battery Manufacturing databases to further deliver an industry-leading data product offering. You'll work in a hands-on and creative role executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. You'll collaborate closely with both our Data counterparts and the BloombergNEF Product team in Princeton, New York, London and Asia. You'll gain firsthand exposure to the Energy Storage and Battery Manufacturing market, as well as key players in the industry.
BloombergNEF helps our clients gain a clear perspective on the technologies and financial, economic and policy trends driving the energy transformation. BloombergNEF is online, on mobile and on the Terminal, and provides research and analysis to key stakeholders across the energy value chain.
We'll trust you to:
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the Energy Storage and Battery Manufacturing data sets
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Build subject matter expertise to eventually set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Lead ad-hoc projects to optimize processes and improve the quality of the data sets
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
You’ll need to have:
- Strong passion for data and the overall energy transition movement, related to the industry sectors relevant to this role
- The ability to think creatively and provide out of the box solutions with an eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Adaptability in a frequently changing environment and growing market
- A proven track record of successful project management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest and/or experience in client and stakeholder management
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Curiosity and aptitude for technology
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Proficiency in one or more technical tools such as Python or SQL
- Knowledge of or professional experience in lithium-ion battery manufacturing, electronics engineering or supply chain analysis
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikSense or Splunk
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.