Bloomberg's Global Data Returner Circle 2019
Posted Apr 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74614
Bloomberg is excited to host our second Returner's Circle in Princeton, NJ at our Global Data Department headquarters. This is an initiative to support and engage talented and experienced professionals who are looking to return to full-time roles in the developing fields of financial and data technology after an extended career break (former stay-at-home parents or someone who has chosen to take a career break, for example). Bloomberg is committed to developing a more diverse workforce and recognizes both the value of this experienced group and the challenges they can encounter in restarting their careers in suitable corporate roles.
Bloomberg will host this one-day event on Thursday, June 6, 2019 for a limited group of returning professionals with experience relevant to our business. Our objectives are to provide support and information, together with some initial exposure to career opportunities at Bloomberg. As a participant, you will have the opportunity to learn more about Bloomberg through speaker sessions, and network with members of our Global Data businesses, as well as the Bloomberg Working Families Community. You will participate in coaching workshops and exploratory career conversations to develop your self-marketing and interview skills, which will benefit from networking with like-minded peers. The day will comprise of activities and discussions to match your career goals, experience, and skills, with relevant roles at Bloomberg.
Following the Returner Circle, participants may be encouraged to apply for a permanent role within one of our Global Data departments.
Successful applicants will likely have:
- A career break, combined with a strong desire to return to the workforce
- Minimum of 3+ years prior work experience
- Interest/Experience in industry fields such as: Data Analysis, Technical Development, Process Analysis, Technical Implementation, Financial markets, Project Management, Product Development, Leadership
- Willing to learn/familiar with: Statistical methods, Data Analysis, Quantitative analysis, computer programming, information technology skills, Financial Markets- Advanced excel skills
- Strong verbal communication skills with an ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way
- Eagerness to work in an innovative environment with a high level of decision- making responsibility
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
- A 'spirit of curiosity' about solving problems with Data
Event Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 9 AM – 5.00 PM
Location: 100 Business Park Drive Skillman, NJ 08558
If you are interested in participating in this event, please click apply to upload your CV and a member of our team will respond back to you.
Please note: we will only be able to invite a maximum of 25 participants to this event. Therefore, we ask that all applications are submitted by no later than Tuesday, May 28, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.