Bloomberg Intelligence - Investment Banks & Asset Managers Research Associate
Posted Jun 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 104405
Bloomberg Intelligence – BI Associate Analyst – Investment Banks & Asset Managers
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
What's in it for you:
BI Associate Analyst – Financials: You would be part of this expanding team and responsible for supporting research analysts in the Financial Services sector generating insights, constructing data analysis and conducting investment research with a focus on Investment Banks and Asset Managers. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Participate in department-wide special projects
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Manage significant data analysis and modeling responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a focus or concentration in Finance or related degree
- 1-3 years of financial market research experience is essential to have success in this role
- Proficient industry knowledge of Banks, Investment Banking and/or Asset Managers
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient knowledge of companies, industries, financial statement analysis & modeling
- CFA, Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline is a plus
- Solid understanding of Financial Macro Development and knowledge of Python, SQL or VBA is beneficial
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
You need to have:
We'd love to see:
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.