Bloomberg Intelligence - US ESG Strategist/Quant Analyst
Posted Aug 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 118070
Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") is an investment research platform of 475 investment professionals covering company and credit research at the single-name and strategy level, while also addressing litigation, regulatory and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues that will shape companies, industries and markets. BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics from a team of independent experts that provide deep insight into where crucial industries and investment market trends stand today and where they may be heading next.
The coverage will examine and deliver ESG-ETF, portfolio, thematic and quant strategies. Practical expertise on portfolio risk concepts, ESG data, investment approaches and fundamental analysis will be essential in this role alongside excellent written and interpersonal skills. The Strategist is expected to publish and communicate ESG investment conclusions with Bloomberg terminal clients via in-person meetings, phone calls, or online chat, and will likewise articulate research findings with Bloomberg News and Media at internal and external events.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
BI is looking for a motivated individual with experience to step into an ESG Strategy Analyst role covering ESG ETFs and Portfolio Quant strategy.
The aim is to expand our leading ESG Strategy research franchise. There are opportunities for the candidate to travel including attending conferences and clients’ roadshows.
There are additional opportunities for the analyst to collaborate with Bloomberg sales, core products, global data, news, and other internal teams.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Embed ESG dimension in broader equity and portfolio strategy. Deliver actionable insight on ESG market trends and investment approaches, and publish research.
- Analyze interaction of ESG data and scores with performance and risk of companies, funds, ETFs, themes, and equity strategies.
- Test and develop ESG and sustainability-focused thematic portfolios and indices.
- Leverage Bloomberg applications such as PORT, DRIV, FTW testing to run ESG quantitative modelling and analysis.
- Help develop quant research, models, and indices to extract signals, such as developing ESG news sentiment using the breadth Bloomberg news coverage.
- Lead significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Actively contribute to the team's daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Build and manage relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 7+ years of experience in ESG research on the sell-side of index firms, ideally
- Financial market research experience is needed with the ability to articulate investment relevant insights and research
- Understanding of sophisticated concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Solid understanding of strategy as it relates to ESG, financial markets, investment theories and asset valuations
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Programming experience in languages such as Python, MATLAB or R. Python preferred.
- Understanding of statistical learning concepts and experience implementing them in commonly used programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills: writing and presentation
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- Passion for critical thinking about both ESG and financial markets, as well as a desire build an individual research franchise and be part of a fast-growing team.
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting field and/or CFA designation
- ESG CFA Certificate
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus