Business Analyst - Global Data Product Management
Posted Sep 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 95426
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately!
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across 88 data sets, our Analysts are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily. None of this would be possible without data driving strategic product decisions, enabled by technical innovation.
Global Data Operations is a centralized organization that supports the operational, strategic, and personal development needs of Data Management teams “allowing Data to Run”. Within Operations, the Business Process Management (BPM) group represents 3 functional areas; Business Intelligence, Product Management, and Workflow Engineering. These functional teams develop expertise to work independently, as well as together, to identify and execute opportunities for increased efficiency across our data sets and analyst teams. As a team, our goal is to provide this information accurately, comprehensively, and as frequently as possible for each dimension of Global Data’s product analytics - timeliness, quality, and coverage. Together, we closely partner with other teams in Global Data to conduct process analysis and re-engineering when vital, as well as establish and promote standard methodologies across the organization.
As a member of the BPM - Product Management team, you will join a group of highly experienced business analysts operating across various project and program-management disciplines to deliver mission-critical technology solutions. You will be empowered to identify and tackle real business problems facing your domain as well as the organization at large. You’re the type of person never content with “good enough” and will work hard and smart to identify true client needs in order to maximize value.
In this role you will both evaluate and derive new project requests while participating in sponsorship decisions. You’ll perform planning and roadmapping activities, work with domain specialists and technologists to define requirements and success criteria, organize and track executing teams’ performance, all while communicating effectively to management and project partners.
Successful candidates will be familiar with multiple Project Management paradigms such as Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Agile/Scrum, including Program Increment (PI) structures. You will be expected to organize and collaborate across multiple executing teams, track dependencies, mitigate risks, and raise issues appropriately. Communication and technical capability will be key as you navigate between business requirements, user preferences, resource allocation, and technical constraints.
We’ll trust you to:
- Perform project management life cycle functions such as Requirements Capturing, Planning, Tracking, Stakeholder Communication, and more
- Work with Global Data beneficiaries and technical development teams to evaluate new project requests for sponsorship
- Organize and report on the health of ongoing initiatives and the capacity of executing teams
- Establish relationships with leaders and teams across the department to learn their about their business, understand the main challenges they face, and identify the strategic opportunities
- Expand the group as a center of perfection for operational analysis, project management, and communication methods
- Actively conduct process analysis and process engineering evaluations across business lines.
- Drive strategic development of business intelligence datasets to support more data-driven prioritization techniques
- Closely partner with other leaders throughout Global Data to establish priorities for our Technology and -Analytical capabilities
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Data-related or Operations subject area
- 2 years or more industry experience including experience communicating effectively with senior management
- Proven experience in managing complex technical projects
- Experience with reporting and maintaining accurate and timely records (operations preferred)
- Ability to be a catalyst for change, and motivated to rise to the occasion
- Willingness to learn technology for analyzing big data (appetite and aptitude)
- Passion for our multifaceted, entrepreneurial environment
- Relationship building skills, and ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary partners at various levels
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Successful applicants will likely possess:
- An advanced degree in Business, Finance or Technology
- Proficiency conducting analysis with Qlik business intelligence tools
- Experience communicating effectively to senior management
- Familiarity with outsourcing and vendor management
- Proficiency performing Data Analysis with SQL and Python
*** Please note this role has the possibility of sitting in Princeton, NJ or New York, NY
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.