Business Analytics Qliksense Developer
Posted Nov 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 110205
We are the Technology Finance Operations - Business Analytics Team! We provide high-quality business, technology, and financial analytics that accelerate infrastructure and resource decisions across Bloomberg Engineering and Finance organizations. Our team has developed an exciting suite of Qlik Sense applications that leverage a diverse portfolio of infrastructure, financial, organizational, and operational data that feed an insatiable appetite for insights and analytics.
What’s The Role?
We are seeking an experienced and creative Business Analytics / QlikSense Developer that is excited about the FinTech industry and deploying tools for senior leaders across our entire business. These tools blend robust financial and technical analysis that accelerates colossal strategic development and operational execution.
What’s In It For You?
Join a new and exciting team at the ground floor with an extensive development pipeline.
Deploy and maintain tools that are used by technical and business leaders across the entire company. An opportunity to join a small but highly impactful team supporting the largest department at Bloomberg.
Exposure to an expansive network within Engineering and across countless other business units and departments.
We'll trust you to:
- Immerse yourselves within the Engineering CFO team to design, develop, and implement business analytics solutions (dynamic reports and dashboards) using Qlik Sense Enterprise
- Partner with Business and IT development teams to build and enhance business intelligence and analytic tools that accelerate decisions and highlight opportunities
- Engage with stakeholders to identify customer needs and collaboratively design creative solutions with iterative feedback and updates
- Maintain strong functional knowledge of developed applications for maintenance and support, researching and fixing issues as they occur
- Maintain documentation of new project processes and deliverables including requirements, testing documentation and issues logs
- Understand and update the data model for enhancements and performance improvements
- Acquire solid understanding of processes and systems to understand underlying financial data and drivers related to spend.
- Ensure data integrity, quality, and effectiveness in all work outputs
In order to be successful, you should:
- have a working knowledge of industry standard Data Infrastructure (e.g. Warehouse, BI, Analytics, Big-Data, etc.) tools with the goal of providing end users with analytics at the speed of thought.
- be proficient at developing, architecting, standardizing and supporting technology platforms using Industry leading BI / Reporting solutions.
- thrive while interacting directly with end users and becoming a subject matter expert in order to architect and design our solutions and drive insights using your strong data visualization experience.
- have strong communication, presentation, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- be highly motivated to drive innovations company-wide.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years experience with Qlik Sense/View or other BI visualization products as a developer who is proficient with complex scripts and able to manipulate front end dashboard objects using set analysis
- 5+ years of database expertise. Advanced SQL capabilities and dimensional modeling expertise are required.
- Demonstrated competency with data ETL tools and data pipelines
- Strong data reporting and visualization experience with the ability to tell a story and drive analytics solutions
- Ability to partner with businesses to gather requirements and manage scope
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks are required
We’d love to see:
- Experience with BI tools, such as Tableau, Domo, Sisense
- Experience in the creation of Extension objects using Qlik Capability APIs and QLIK Engine API.
- Understanding of data warehousing methodologies and ETL processing in tools such as Informatica.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com