You’re always on the pulse with the latest technology and live for any opportunity to solve complex problems.
You’re the type of person that disrupts the status quo and makes things more efficient. You enjoy thinking strategically and the opportunity collaborating with others to improve operations.
Then the Business Intelligence team is the perfect place for you!
Who We Are:
In Bloomberg’s Global Data division, data drives our decision making. Our Business Intelligence (BI) team makes this possible by turning disparate data sets into actionable insights. Data speaks to us and we share these insights to business and product managers through creative and intuitive visualizations that help monitor performance and identify opportunities for improvement across the organization.
Members of our team possess a unique combination of technical skills and business acumen, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with BI Analysts to define reporting requirements, and design and implement solutions. As a BI Developer, you will contribute to the development of a complete BI system from dimensional database design and ETL development to data modeling in order to directly impact our operations and drive change.
What can you expect from this opportunity?
- The chance to collaborate with exceptional colleagues located across the globe on a broad range of projects covering multiple asset classes.
- To have a real, driving impact on the daily business of the Global Data department at Bloomberg through implementing technical solutions that address core business needs.
- To work in a startup-like environment in a large, established organization with a global reach.
- The flexibility to be creative and innovative whilst personally disrupting the status quo.
- The opportunity to invest in your career by developing your technical skills alongside colleagues who share your enthusiasm about technology.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with analysts, product owners, and other stakeholders to understand their information needs and develop technical solutions
- Build and maintain BI dimensional data models to support BI infrastructure
- Build ETL routines to acquire and prepare data for analysis
- Build prototypes to illustrate and refine requirements
- Work closely with BI Architects to properly model the underlying data layer using Dimensional data modeling principles
- Triage and resolve support tickets for clients in a timely, efficient manner
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Exceptional ability in relational database systems and SQL, Microsoft SQL Server preferred, experience with Greenplum and Hadoop is a plus
- Very strong ability with dimensional data modeling and OLAP principles
- Advanced ability with developing scalable ETL routines to support the BI reporting environment and business initiatives
- Proven proficiency in programming, Python preferred
- Familiarity with web-based charting libraries, D3 preferred
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining techniques/tools
- Demonstrated proficiency with Business Intelligence tools
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in constantly changing and often stressful environment
- Ability to build partnerships across an organization and interface and facilitate interactions with engineering and business counterparts
We’d love to see:
- An advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience working in an Agile development team