Business Intelligence Developer
Posted Feb 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 71436
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Data drives our business decisions and company strategy. Our Business Intelligence (BI) team transforms disparate data sets into actionable insights for our product owners. As a BI Developer, you’ll work closely with BI Analysts to define reporting requirements, design, and implement solutions. You’ll communicate insights through creative and intuitive visualizations that help monitor performance and identify opportunities for improvement across the organization. Members of our dynamic team possess a unique combination of technical skills and business acumen, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. With your keen eye for building and optimizing data systems, you will contribute to the full-stack development of a complete enterprise reporting platform. Your intuitive dashboards and data storytelling will directly impact our operations and drive change.
In this role, you will have the chance to collaborate with exceptional colleagues located across the globe on projects with real impact. Each day, you’ll ideate and implement solutions that address core business needs. You will have the opportunity to invest in your career by growing your technical skills alongside colleagues who share your enthusiasm about technology. As an owner of what we build, you will advocate for our BI solutions, driving usage in our organization. You will wear many hats, and have the flexibility to be creative and innovative whilst personally disrupting the status quo. In this role, you will harness project management skills to manage your time and help our team surpass goals. You’ll feel like you’re at a start-up, but you’ll be in a large and established organization with global reach. That’s Bloomberg.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Partner closely with business users and analysts to gather requirements and understand information needs.
- Be a consultative partner and go-to expert when communicating with data.
- Apply user-centered design principles to each deliverable.
- Foster a culture that turns to data for decision making across the organization.
- Develop wireframes to illustrate and refine requirements.
- Communicate new KPIs around productivity, quality, timeliness, coverage, and usage.
- Design intuitive dashboards and create compelling visualizations for end-users.
- Manage the user adoption and training for the BI product to maximize impact.
- Perform quality assurance testing on application functionality.
- Provide client support to our users in a timely, efficient manner.
- Propose ideas and share expertise on BI-related initiatives.
Successful applicants will need to have:
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Business Intelligence tools (QlikSense preferred) to disseminate effective analytics to a variety of audiences.
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Data, Design, or Engineering related discipline.
- Deep understanding of UI application, framework development, and UI/UX principles.
- Demonstrated experience conducting process analysis and implementing solutions for efficiency.
- Experience within Agile development environment.
- Worked with relational database systems and SQL query/maintenance (Microsoft SQL Server preferred).
- Ability to build relationships and closely collaborate with multidisciplinary counterparts.
- Attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility, resilience, and a positive approach to challenges.
- Growth-mindset for learning new tools and technologies to better serve our business.
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
We’d love to see:
- An advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Applied proficiency with one or more programming/scripting languages (Python preferred).
- Familiarity with web-based charting libraries (D3 preferred).
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and data mining techniques/tools.
Does this sound like you?
If you think we’re a good match, apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.