Business Intelligence Team Leader
Posted Mar 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 115088
At Bloomberg, our products are driven by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Data Management Lab (DML) sits within the Data organization, and supports Data’s pursuit of data management excellence through aligning industry best practices with Bloomberg's established expertise in financial market data. DML empowers our data professionals to make their products “ready-to-use”, through promoting increased data discoverability, accessibility, appraisability, interoperability, and analysis-readiness.
The Business Intelligence team sits within DML, and supports DML’s vision by providing our partners with business insights and analytical capabilities, to understand both the work that goes into crafting their products, as well as appraise the quality of their products as experienced by our clients.
As the leader of the Business Intelligence team, you’ll be responsible for managing your team in delivering business intelligence data and analytical capabilities to teams in Data, in order for them to continuously improve their product offering on the back of data driven decisions. As Data becomes more outcome oriented, having a clear view into product health and the operational levers that inspire change in outcome quality becomes increasingly meaningful. This Business Intelligence group is in the critical path for delivering comprehensive scalable business analytics for our Data department at Bloomberg.
We'll trust you to:
- Invest in, and develop team members' abilities to establish a deep domain expertise in their respective area of specialization, while promoting a culture of cross team collaboration and shared accountability with a common goal
- Nurture interpersonal adoption of data driven decision making on the back of both product and operational metrics, through strategic engagement and training opportunities across Data
- Continually refine strategy and execution plan in how we deliver the most impactful descriptive, diagnostic and prescriptive analytics to colleagues in Data, ensuring our BI product offering is fit-for-purpose across all collaborators
- Collaborate closely with global DML counterparts, in particular Data Quality and Process Engineering, to ensure aligned consistency in approach, delivery and contribution to shared resources
- Establish close partnership with Engineering counterparts on priorities and direction of infrastructure needs to support our long term vision
You'll need to have:
- Formal people leadership experience, or strong informal experience from leading larger projects with multiple counterparts, mentoring colleagues, etc
- Strong professional experience within the Business Intelligence domain, with hands-on experience in performing data analysis for data driven decision making, using common business intelligence or analytics applications (such as QlikSense or Tableau), with applied experience in statistical analysis supporting such decision making is a plus
- Sound understanding of data quality as a sub-domain of data management (DAMA CDMP, DCAM certification a plus)
- Ability to lead multiple projects in parallel, with proven project management and time leadership skills
- A creative and flexible approach to problem-solving, coupled with an experimental posture, to challenge past assumptions and promote new ways of thinking
- Results oriented, with experience in aligning team and individual level goals to the broader vision of the organization
- Ability to establish strong credibility to build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and customers
- Up-to-date knowledge of financial markets, and how Bloomberg products deliver value to our clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, allowing you to accurately communicate business needs and requirements and to advocate on behalf of your team
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.