CMBS Cashflow Modeler - Securitized Products
Posted Oct 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 120777
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Securitized Products market makes up over $12 trillion of global bond market debt. Banks use financial engineering to transform a variety of assets, such as residential and commercial mortgages, auto and student loans, and credit card debt, into securities that are structured to meet nearly any investor appetite.
We are responsible for creating and maintaining a large library of cash flow models and data for these securities. Cash flow models are required, along with prepayment and credit assumptions, in order to price these securities accurately.
You will be creating cash flow models primarily for the Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) asset sector with the potential to cover other asset sectors including Agency Collateralized Mortgage Obligations (CMO), Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS), Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO) and various Asset Backed Securities (ABS, Credit Card, Auto, SLABS). You will also be developing groundbreaking tools to improve the accuracy and coverage of our product as well as to improve the efficiency and quality of supporting processes.
We are working on multiple projects to increase our deal coverage whilst building the infrastructure necessary to help us meet our goal of providing cash flows and advanced analytics for all varieties of structured products. Our contributions will be crucial to the development and growth of our product. You will be asked to work closely with our software developers and product partners to ensure our product’s capabilities and offerings are world class in order to meet the requirements of our clients, which include groups within Bloomberg, our core terminal customers, and our enterprise services subscribers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Reverse engineer and manage a large library of CMBS cash flow models in a python-based platform that are crucial to portfolio managers and traders
- Communicate with lead managers and other clients to properly create, update, and validate cash flow models based on offering documents and periodic reports
- Conduct thorough review of roll tests and closely monitor the timeliness of deal updates. Collaborate with relevant partners to rectify any data discrepancies promptly
- Collaborate with our developers to design and implement internal system tools, test validations, automated product reports, and workflows solutions
Partner with product managers on a range of client-focused initiatives within the realm of Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS), such as:
- Introducing new collateral data analytics products for deeper insights into CMBS collateral
- Augmenting terminal functionality for efficient CMBS analysis
- Improving risk assessment capabilities with enhanced credit driven scenario functionality
- Continual efforts to enhance CMBS collateral data quality
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in CMBS, ideally within CMBS Data Analytics, accounting firm, rating agency roles assessing seasoned CMBS deals, CMBS servicing (PSA, loan workouts and liquidations) or CMBS collateral surveillance within a buy-side firm
- Solid understanding of major commercial property types (Office, Retail, Multifamily, Hotel, Industrial, etc)
- Basic knowledge of commercial loan structures and amortization terms
- Effective communication, attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take on detailed assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with basic computer programming and data management concepts, including command line interfaces, data modeling and algorithms
- Commitment to enhancing our full suite of CMBS product offerings
- A BA/BS degree (or higher) in a STEM field, and/or an equivalent combination of education, and/or related professional experience
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge or experience in other Structured Products, such as RMBS, ABS, or CLO
- Working knowledge of the CREFC Investor Reporting Package (IRP) and commercial real estate
- Experience with Python, Unix, JIRA, Github
- Knowledge of statistics and advanced data management practices
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 170,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus