Campus Recruiter - Princeton, NJ
Posted Mar 19, 2019 - Requisition No. 74267
At Bloomberg, we are passionate about hiring dynamic and innovative individuals to build out our rapidly growing business. We operate in a fast paced environment and are dedicated to hiring the best people for our teams. We’re looking for a Recruiter to join our Campus and Entry Level Talent Acquisition team in Princeton, NJ to help expand our business by identifying, attracting and hiring top talent.
You will take ownership of your recruitment focus, and develop strategic plans for execution. You will need to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and develop creative strategies with our businesses. You will need to be energetic, collaborative, and strategic, and bring the highest quality candidates into our organization.
Our Princeton based HR team supports and recruits for our Global Data business. In Global Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying and supplying data to help answer our clients’ questions. We partner closely with the Global Data managers to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges, in order to present the best skilled candidates. We bring creative ideas, curiosity and insight to the table, backed up with market knowledge and a data-driven approach. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. We are not your typical Campus Recruitment team as we hire year-round, so creativity is our strongest asset.
We'll trust you to:
- Foster relationships with hiring managers, understand their business needs, and collaborate with them to offer strategic recruitment guidance
- Ensure a smooth, smart, innovative and engaging recruiting process to establish an outstanding candidate experience
- Help build our brand across university campuses and strengthen our relationships with key societies, organizations, and university contacts
- Manage and execute on the full recruitment life-cycle, from reviewing resumes to closing candidates, in a high volume and complex recruitment environment
- Think creatively to develop non-traditional sourcing strategies, beyond university hiring to generate a pipeline of candidates including those with 1-3 years of experience
- Support the development of our interviewers through training and coaching
- Stay in tune with external market factors affecting our business areas, identify new practices/trends, and leverage data to improve processes
- Ensure a top experience for all candidates you interact with
- Use social media, participate in networking and open house events to build our employer brand and to recruit talent
- Partner with our internal diversity team and external organizations to improve and enhance recruitment strategy
You need to have:
- Previous experience as a Technical Recruiter or supporting a technical business (ie Data Analytics, Data Science, or Engineering)
- 2+ years direct sourcing underclassmen, recent graduates and early career changers
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50% during peak recruitment season and as needed throughout the year
- Excellent organization, prioritization, presentation and project management skills
- Exceptional people skills, developed through experience in HR, client-facing roles or customer service and support
- An ability to adjust to changing work flows and demands
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence
- Attention to detail, and the ability to handle a high volume, juggle various projects, and be efficient with your workflow
- A personal vehicle or means of transportation to/from the Princeton, NJ office
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrated ability or prior project work utilizing excel and/or other data analytics tools to clean, synthesize, and develop a data-driven strategy
- Established relationships with College or University faculty, clubs and organizations; developing and managing relationships with HBCUs a plus
- Prior knowledge and engagement with National D&I organizations and/or conferences
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.