Commodities Data Analyst
Posted Nov 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 111127
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a Data Analyst on the Bloomberg Commodities Data team, you'll help grow Bloomberg's Metals and Fundamentals databases to further deliver an industry-leading data product offering. You'll work in a hands-on and creative role executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. You'll collaborate closely with both our Data counterparts and Product teams in Princeton, New York, London and Asia. You'll gain firsthand exposure to the Energy & Commodities markets, as well as key players in the industry.
You’ll also enhance the product’s data model, configure ETL pipelines, and contribute to a codebase of business rules to ensure that the product’s workflows deliver comprehensive, timely, and accurate data to power the Bloomberg Terminal while maintaining a knowledge of data through data processing and client engagement.
We'll trust you to:
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the Metals and Fundamentals datasets
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Use technologies to extract insight from large or complex data sets as needed to make informed business decisions about our datasets
- Leverage knowledge of the Commodities dataset to configure workflows in a production environment using Bloomberg’s data processing technologies
- Build subject matter expertise to eventually set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Lead ad-hoc projects to optimize processes and improve the quality of the data sets
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
You'll need to have:
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Data Science or relevant degree
- A solid foundation or previous experiences with Python or SQL
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- An interest in data management and the asset management industry
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Curiosity and aptitude for technology
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Proficiency in one or more technical tools such as Python or SQL
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikSense or Splunk
- Experience with working with JSON formatted objects, Git and SQL
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com