Investors target Alpha. Our data and analytical tools help them achieve it. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. As a team, we're responsible for Fundamentals related content on the Bloomberg Terminal. Offering as reported and normalized financials, key analytical ratios, industry-specific data points, Business Lines and Geographic Segmentation data- we influence investment decisions and move the markets every day.
We provide portfolio managers with real time information on companies’ financial performance to assist in profitability analysis, and to determine the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side and sell-side equity analysts use our data to create valuation models in order to provide stock recommendations, target prices, and to assess the viability of investing in a company.
As a Company Financials Industry Expert, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of special industry data for a portfolio of companies. You’ll work closely with a team of experienced Bloomberg Intelligence Analysts within a sector to ensure that we have the best in class industry specific data coverage on the market – via the research arm of our Terminal product.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain and improve comprehensiveness of data content on Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) industry dashboards in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage industry specific projects to ensure that deliverables are met, including identifying projects, delegating responsibilities to peers, and communicating to related stakeholders
- Ensure that we have the best in class industry specific data coverage by identifying current gaps and working with stakeholders to onboard new data sets
- Actively contribute to the BI team's research content, including charting and visual support for research
- Create and maintain company financial models leveraging Bloomberg API by identifying company and industry key metrics
- Facilitate communication between Bloomberg Intelligence, Fundamentals and Earnings Estimates Analysts, and News teams to assure data alignment across all products
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on BI functionality and data content within dashboard construction and maintenance
- Actively monitor and interpret company and industry corporate actions and developments
- Identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and propose improvements to enhance financial and industry data quality and timeliness
You’ll need to have:
- 2 or more years of financial modelling and financial data analysis experience
- Expertise in one or more industry, with ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics- or relevant discipline
- Experience with data processing technologies (Python, SQL)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles, and interpreting financial statements
- Effective leadership and coordination skills while managing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills demonstrated in client facing environment
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in succinct, concise manner
- Ability to thrive and deliver in a dynamic environment
- Transformed workflows into more timely and efficient processes
- Desire to pursue career in Equity Research
We’d love to see:
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.