Company Financials Analyst
Posted May 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 75039
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In Global Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to help answer our clients’ questions. We manage data and workflow processes on the Bloomberg Terminal to help our clients solve problems such as how to measure the risk of monsoons in Vietnam, so clients looking to invest in agriculture there can make more informed decisions; or how to measure the real wealth of people in Venezuela, for clients who want to open stores in South America. We analyze data so our teams can turn it into insights for our users.
What's the role?
As a Fundamentals or Earnings Estimates Analyst, your actions will produce powerful results. You will need to have the context – meaning that having passion for and an understanding of the markets is a must. With this foundation, you’ll develop expertise in key industries and manage the corresponding data. You’ll learn to leverage your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our customers. Our team is at the center of it all; the energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor. You’ll transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users. That’s our purpose- come find yours!
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Work on complex data projects related to Equity Fundamentals and Earnings Estimates data sets
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence – founding the backbone of our Research and Equity functionality
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university prior to starting
- Can begin working full-time in 2019
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You’ll also need to have:
- 1 to 3 years of work/internship experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Detail-oriented research and analysis skills
- Strong organizational competency and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically approach problems
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Basic understanding of statistics and data modeling
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred/CFA designation
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.