Company Financials Health Care Team Leader
Posted May 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 116224
Bloomberg runs on data. In Bloomberg Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. Across Company Financials Data Teams, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after reported-on and broker-estimated financials that are normalized across industries and companies, key analytical ratios, and industry-specific data points. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Data’s Company Financials team. Our team of sector-aligned analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing.
Using innovative, collaborative, and client focused approaches to data extraction, aggregation, and standardization, Company Financials Data analysts use industry knowledge and company financial data subject matter expertise in order to build a comprehensive client experience across the product offering throughout the earnings cycle, including pre-earnings through guidance and consensus creation, at the time of earnings through the IPO process all the way to the quarterly reporting process from earnings to preliminary results to audited full financial results, providing performance and surprise analysis, for robust company and peer analysis.
Here’s where our team's industry expertise comes into play. Whether we are sourcing market data from new or existing providers or processing complex financial data – our team's work will help ensure the consistency and quality of company portfolios at an industry level.
The North America Company Financials Healthcare Team is looking for a Team Leader to lead and develop a hard-working team of Healthcare industry specialists, leading the data onboarding and analysis across the sector, including Bio-Pharma (Development stage, mature Bio-Pharma, Generics, and Specialty), Medical Devices + Technology, Hospitals, and Healthcare Services. Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards within the sector and collaborating with others to lead all aspects of the delivery of accurate and timely financials data while curating company and industry specific analysis.
In this role, you will be expected apply your expertise across the diverse Healthcare sector, and lead disparate sources of data. You’ll need to drive the development of financial knowledge and analytical thinking in your team to derive meaningful insights for our customers. Your team will transform sophisticated data and work processes into financial data products that are indispensable to our users. This position requires extensive collaboration with global colleagues, and partners across all business units including Business Managers, News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Sales & Analytics, our Data Governance team, and Engineering.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage a high-level understanding of the diverse US Healthcare sector, in order to identify, gather, and analyze disparate datasets in a proficient and timely manner, to provide information and analysis for clients. This includes staying current on relevant issues and trends across the Healthcare sub sectors.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a team of analysts who will be industry specialists and experts in their product demonstrated through processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, data analysis, and project management. They will need to lead various projects that may include prescription/hospital Sales/drug pricing data analysis, US regulatory, policy + IP research, product pipeline/clinical data aggregation, medical device pricing/usage/claims analysis, Medicare/Medicaid datasets, Formulary plan audits, Hospital (public and private) economic analysis, and Epidemiology data forecasting
- Empower your team to provide news and content on Healthcare market developments, with technical analysis of market trends to assist our Product team and customers
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions, as well as knowledge share in regional Healthcare subsector differences.
- Create processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service goes above and beyond
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Apply your passion for deep learning of an industry to our team’s overall vision, and leverage that knowledge to drive decisions about interoperability of data relevant to that industry
- Lead and mentor team on large and sophisticated data projects and business initiatives related to the industries they cover
- Set a strategy to recruit, retain, and develop top talent within your team and global counterparts
You'll need to have:
- Proven leadership experience within a previous or current role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business, or in a related field of study such as Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Genetics, and Biochemistry
- An understanding of how the US Healthcare sector functions with a competency in analyzing clinical, regulatory, legal/IP, government/Medicare/Medicaid, and product launches
- Proven expertise in at least one Healthcare sub-sector (Bio-Pharma/Generics/Specialty, Medical Devices, Hospital or Services)
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing superior service to Business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Strong understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Passion for building deep sector and industry knowledge, and demonstrated interest in and familiarity with a specific sector
We’d love to see:
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
- Deep understanding of the US Healthcare data landscape and the competitors that participate in providing myriad datasets to the Financial and Corporate audiences
- Deep knowledge of the various Healthcare data classification systems and ontologies currently used to create linked data models
- Ability to use industry datasets to build current market share views + forecasts, milestone analysis, and epidemiology outlooks
- Experience or knowledge in Bloomberg Company Financials Products, Bloomberg terminal fluency, and/or Bloomberg Data workflows
- Experience or strong interest in financial modeling, including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, SQL experience, Modeling and Coding experience.
- Experience working with industry data as part of your product coverage
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.