Content Indexer Specialist
Posted Dec 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 112285
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal -- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets! We’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a member of our News Indexing team based in Princeton, NJ, you will be responsible for automated classification of the world's most meaningful financial and economic news with the aim of further entrenching Bloomberg as the leader in the financial news market. We use proprietary and open-source software to automatically retrieve, parse, coordinate and tag news from social media sites, news feeds, web sites and other sources that run on the Bloomberg Professional Service. We also build and maintain our sophisticated taxonomy of classification tags according to clients’ needs. Our work is not theoretical or hyper-specific – it is practical and impactful.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use specialized software in order to build hierarchical rules that automatically classify Bloomberg and third-party news, as well as data from social media sites. You have a keen curiosity about news and perform research in order to identify news topics and modify or build news classification rules accordingly
- Identify accurate and reliable news sources and act as subject matter authority for the news product
- Find opportunities to build efficiency in our processes and execute on your ideas
- Collaborate with our partners in Product Strategy, Sales, Analytics and Engineering to understand our clients’ needs and build a best-in-class news product. In addition, you will also partner with our Sales and Analytics groups to promote our news product and ensure strong customer uptake
- Develop cutting-edge processes focused on natural language processing, data science, machine learning, and text analysis as we build the next generation of Bloomberg’s proprietary news classification products
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject areas such as Library Science, Linguistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Business, Finance, or other computer-related specialization
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven understanding of customer service and experience in building internal strong relationships with partners
- 3+ years of professional project management experience in information management with the ability to deliver on firm timelines
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of U.S. market trends, themes and drivers
- Experience working on data science projects and technologies, especially using NLP techniques to take care of unstructured text corpora
- Experience in editing, writing, curating, labeling or assigning news stories
- Experience in using categorization, filtering or mining software (such as OpenCalais, Datasift, GNIP, Inxight, IDOL, Verity, Clear Forest, Microsoft Fast)
- Strong interest/ knowledge in financial and economic news
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We will be in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.