Content Indexing Team Leader
Posted Jun 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 104827
Bloomberg runs on data. In Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. Across the Fundamentals and Earnings Estimates data teams, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after reported-on and broker-estimated financials that are normalized across companies, key analytical ratios, and industry-specific data points.
Here’s where your team's industry expertise comes into play. Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers or processing complex financial data – your team's work will help ensure the consistency and quality of company portfolios at an industry level.
Data Content Indexing is looking for a Team Leader to manage and develop a hard-working team of classification experts. Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards and collaborating with others to oversee the delivery of accurate and timely news classification codes while developing towards natural language processing capabilities.
In this role, you will be encouraged to drive the advancement of classification rules from manual creation to statistical classification by developing a professional development structure, process re-engineering workflow, resource management, and business planning. This position requires extensive collaboration with global colleagues across all business units including Business Managers, News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Sales & Analytics, and Engineering.
We'll trust you to:
- Recruit, coach, and develop a team of content indexers who will be industry experts in their product demonstrated through processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, data analysis, and project management
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
- Create processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service exceeds expectations
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Manage and mentor team on large and complex data projects and business initiatives
- Set a strategy to recruit, retain, and develop top talent within your team and global counterparts
You’ll need to have:
- Proven leadership experience within your previous or current role
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing outstanding service to Business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Strong understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.