Posted Aug 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 106532
What is Bloomberg Enterprise Data?
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data department develops data offerings that are considered best in class by the capital markets community. Across real time market data, reference data, historical pricing data, and unique analytics we deliver:
- The most comprehensive and highest quality content in the industry.
- Distribution that is flexible, reliable, fast, and easy to onboard.
- Easy to use data that is ready for analysis.
These mission critical datasets serve as the primary source of information across the front, middle, and back office at the most respected capital markets firms across the globe.
Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
Our Content Specialists serve as the primary point of contact for the data-related needs of Bloomberg Enterprise Data (ED) customers. As a liaison between the customer, ED teams and other Bloomberg colleagues, you will maintain ownership of all client data content during the pre-sale and onboarding process. You should be an expert in assessing customer and application content needs, including feature sets, instrument universes and fields based on current and intended uses and marry those against Bloomberg's extensive data offerings. Including both real time market data and reference data services.
You'll be collaborating across the organization to obtain clarification on data field behaviors and availability. At times, you'll also instigate dialogue with internal and external business units in order to fill content gaps identified as a result of your analysis. You'll possess outstanding communication, analytical and organizational skills, facing off to clients as well as multiple internal groups with the overall intent of driving success for the Company and delivering world class service to our clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Deeply partner with client data and technical stakeholders to fully understand their data content needs and use cases
- Ensuring the client’s data requirements are available and working with the client on creative solutions, if gaps exist
- Understanding the clients’ data distribution requirements and areas for growth, working closely with sales and technical account managers
- Developing a deep understanding of Bloomberg’ data delivery mechanisms in order to demonstrate the most suitable for the needs of the client
- Provide new client training on the Bloomberg data model and client facing tools
- Manage application content migrations for all of Bloomberg's Enterprise Products
- Coordinate and interact with data origination teams and Product Managers to obtain clarification on field definition/behavior and instrument availability
- Ensure the shortest possible time to application go-live while maintaining high standards of work practices
- Experience working with financial market data
- Familiarity with different security/instrument identifiers and their applicability across different asset classes
- Good understanding of financial instruments across different asset classes: equities, fixed income, commodities, mortgages, and derivatives.
- Familiarity with functions at both buyside and sellside organizations, understanding the different market players and their data/application needs
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (specifically Excel)
- Great customer service, communication, and presentation skills, preferably having had a client facing role
- Analytical, with great organization and strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with the main OMS, PMS, TMS, and Risk systems
- Working proficiency with a programming language, ideally Python
- Up to date industry knowledge on data trends
- Previous knowledge and understanding of Enterprise data products is advantageous
You'll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.