Data Analyst - BLAW Web Document Acquisition
Posted Oct 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 78952
What's the Role?
Bloomberg is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to join the Bloomberg Law Data Acquisition Team. The Acquisition team provides centralized expertise in Bloomberg Law’s content acquisition technology and oversees the automation of acquiring all of Bloomberg Law’s primary source data. The team plays a critical role in ensuring the uninterrupted flow of data that directly feeds Bloomberg Industry Group products (including Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Tax & Accounting and Bloomberg Government) and the analytical and editorial workflows related to those products. As a member of the team you will configure our industry-leading, proprietary web-scraping system to acquire content and use our technologies to monitor and ensure the comprehensiveness of our automated collection efforts.
Our technologies foster an efficient infrastructure and workflow for processing and enriching data for Bloomberg Industry Group products. The Acquisition Team provides the cornerstone for building those products. As a member of the team you will use your technical problem-solving skills and knowledge of web technologies to successfully acquire content from websites and troubleshoot content stream outages. Analysts in this role will also collaborate regularly with Bloomberg Law Global Data and Bloomberg Industry Group stakeholders to identify new acquisition opportunities and generate efficient and reliable automated solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify innovative workflow efficiencies and use cutting-edge technology solutions to enhance our processes
- Configure methods for acquiring and transferring content from external sources to support Global Data and Bloomberg Industry Group businesses
- Apply problem-solving skills to find the most optimal approach to acquire content of varying formats from different website architectures
- Liaise with stakeholders to gather requirements, scope and develop project plans
- Assist in monitoring and communicating progress throughout each project’s development life-cycle
- Collaborate with data analysts and Bloomberg Industry Group staff to devise creative solutions to technical challenges
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher academic achievement
- Solid analytical skills with a focus on problem-solving and an interest in using a variety of technologies to meet product needs and effectively troubleshoot technical issues relating to automated systems we utilize
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Project management and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability with mark-up languages (HTML, XML and/or JSON) and XPath
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.