Data Analyst - Bloomberg Classifications
Posted Sep 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 95575
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Are you interested in joining a team responsible for creating market leading premium content? Do you have a passion for market research and investment analysis? Whether it be analyzing peer groups, comparing investment security options, or looking through historical market trends, classification data becomes one of the most integral parts of comparing data irregularities among competitors.
We provide and enable clients to:
- Capture and assess the impact of global, regional or local industry trends on a portfolio
- Compare and report on industry sector exposures versus peers or benchmarks
- Pinpoint industry investment opportunities across developed and emerging markets
- Analyze sector and industry contributions to portfolio performance
- Construct consistently defined global or regional sector-based and sector rotation strategies
As a Classification Data Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality, and timely delivery of classification data across various asset types. You will assign classifications by researching securities and utilizing your understanding of industries and peer groups. You will become an expert in Bloomberg’s classifications schemes and follow emerging industries to ensure they maintain relevancy. You will perform data analysis to identify opportunities for process improvements and new ways to leverage our data.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand financial markets to maintain classification datasets
- Follow emerging industries to keep the Bloomberg classification schemes relevant
- Utilize technology to identify opportunities for quality and process improvements
- Leverage classifications to create newsworthy content
- Manage small and large scale projects to improve the classification datasets and workflows
- Collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders (primarily Core Product, Financial Products, News and Engineering)
- Be able to provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM fields
- Experience with Python or another programming language for data analysis
- Understanding of financial markets
- Strong research, analytical, and communication skills
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Project management skills and/or experience, preferred (CAPM, PMP and/or CSM)
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Familiarity with natural language processing
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.