Data Analyst - Dividend Forecasting
Posted Jun 26, 2019 - Requisition No. 75790
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team, we are responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze process and publish the data, which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
We are looking for driven individuals with a passion for the financial markets and creating analytical models to join the analyst team working on the Dividend Forecasting product.
We'll trust you to:
- Analyze companies within given industries to forecast for individual company's future dividends up to four years in advance
- Utilize your entrepreneurial spirit to communicate and build relationships with clients, such as equity market analysts, options players, and dividend paying corporations as well as with the Bloomberg Sales, News and R&D teams
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Work on complex data projects related to Dividend Forecasting data set
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence – founding the backbone of our Research and Equity functionality
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of work/internship experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one or more programming/ scripting languages (e.g. Python, SQL)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Detail-oriented research and analysis skills
- Strong organizational competency and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically approach problems
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Basic understanding of statistics and data modeling
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred/CFA designation
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- Proficiency with one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g. Python) as well as SQL
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.