Data Analyst - Foreign Exchange
Posted Mar 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 101505
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Foreign Exchange Data Team is responsible for providing customers and downstream products with transparency into the OTC FX market by generating Bloomberg proprietary pricing streams intended to accurately represent intraday currency rates and regulated currency fixings. We are looking for a Data Analyst to join the team to help drive the data set forward!
Our diverse team hosts a variety of technical skills, analytical minds, and entrepreneurial spirits. We are looking for people with passion to learn, innovate, teach and build. We do our best work together – and we hope that you’ll join us.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth!
We’ll trust you to:
- Leverage data technology to analyze a variety of data to identify, measure and implement change for our product
- Apply quantitative methods to build data driven processes that improve coverage and quality in a quantifiable manner
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance the product
- Have a solid working knowledge of SQL and/or Python
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions
- Communicate effectively with partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and determining requirements to explaining methodological decisions and project outcomes
- Find opportunities for increased efficiency in our existing workflows and processes to make a business impact
- Have a bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM fields
- Ability to navigate a large organization and create solutions based on at times incomplete information We take care of messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation
- Proven track record of a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- Experience applying a methodological approach to problem-solving & process engineering to impact product decisions
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skill
- Project management and strong organizational skills
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You’ll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.