Data Analyst - Futures & Options
Posted Jun 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 100904
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our Listed Derivatives data team seeks a Data Analyst to help us drive the data set forward. The team provides our users with complete and accurate, normalized security listings and reference data for tens of millions of securities across more than 100 Derivatives exchanges globally. Cross-functional collaboration, domain expertise, and automation is paramount for our ability to continuously deliver high quality data to our rapidly growing customer base.
In this role you will design and implement solutions, measure and communicate impact, improve accuracy and timeliness, as well as communicate with clients and stakeholders. You will develop Derivatives specific domain knowledge and apply your impressive array of skills to solve evolving business challenges by devising and implementing intelligent and scalable solutions to improve the coverage and quality of our data offering. You will join a global team of dedicated individuals and experts where your interests and enthusiasm will have significant impact on the team’s success.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage data technology to analyze a variety of data to identify, measure and implement change for our product
- Apply quantitative methods to build data driven processes that improve coverage and quality in a quantifiable manner
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance the product
- Have a solid working knowledge of SQL and/or Python
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions
- Communicate effectively with partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and determining requirements to explaining methodological decisions and project outcomes
- Have a bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM fields
You'll need to have:
- Ability to navigate a large organization and create solutions based on at times incomplete information We take care of messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation
- Proven track record of a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- Experience applying a methodological approach to problem-solving & process engineering to impact product decisions
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skill
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.