Data Analyst - Global Data Analytics
Posted Jun 11, 2020 - Requisition No. 83030
The Global Data Analytics team seeks a seasoned Data Analyst who can utilize Business Intelligence to find opportunities for our team, design and implement technical solutions, measure and communicate impact, manage the ADSK database, as well as communicate with Clients.
In this role you will develop general financial market knowledge and solid understanding of inner workings of ADSK System. You will be tasked with utilizing your technical skillsets/problem solving abilities to implement strategic solutions to improve customer service data quality along with team processes and workflows. In addition to above, you will mentor new global data analysts helping to upskill them technically. Global Data Analytics is a large global team that interacts with all areas of the business, therefore the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders is crucial to the team’s success.
We will trust you to:
- Leverage data technology to analyze a variety of data to identify, measure and implement change for our product
- Apply quantitative methods to build data driven processes that improve ADSK workflow and Client Experience via ADSK
- Work with other Global Data Teams and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, Enterprise, and Engineering to help develop, enhance, and manage Global Data ADSK Product
- Have a strong working knowledge of SQL and Python, and understanding of the global data tech stack
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with non-technical partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and figuring out requirements to explaining methodological decisions and modeling outcomes
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and, STEM fields
- 2+ years of work experience in finance, engineering, technology, or a related field
- Applied experience with Python and the Python scientific stack (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) and SQL
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Established presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Experience training and mentoring others
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Working knowledge of big data products such as Apache Hive, and PySPark is preferred
- Experience of applying a methodological approach to problem solving that impact product decision
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to solve real-world problems
- Proven ability to navigate a large organization and create solutions based on at times incomplete information.
- Proven track record of a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we are a good match. We will be in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.