Data Analyst - Global Data Industry Group
Posted Apr 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 100121
The GD-Industry Group division of Global Data supports outstanding tools, search and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax! We extract knowledge from hundreds of millions of legal documents and build intelligent models to enable our customers to get the right answers quickly!
The GD-INDG Data Solutions team is responsible for using and developing groundbreaking technologies to improve our acquisition, data processing workflows and automation models. The team provides primary support for other teams in the department as well as other business partners who utilize the tools, services and workflows built and maintained by the team.
You have an ability to think out-of-the box, are self-organized, and a good communicator. You like to take ownership of your work and make it your own. You also have an ability to experiment quickly, and know when to switch approaches and creatively think of an alternate solution.
- You’ll contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform
- We will give you on-the-job training, learning and development
- You will experience Bloomberg's dynamic environment and contribute to creating new technology for the legal, government, and tax professions
- We'll invest in your career, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical work experience; additionally a Minor, related coursework, or professional experience in accounting, finance, and/or tax
- 3+ years of professional experience in data analysis
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and analytical skills
- Proven ability with mark-up languages (XSLT, XML, SGML and/or HTML) and XPath
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future
We’d love to see:
- Communicate effectively with non-technical partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and resolving requirements to explaining methodological decisions and programming outcomes
- Collaborate with data analysts and data engineers to develop creative solutions to the technical challenges facing our businesses
- Project management skills and/or experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.