Data Analyst - Global Data Industry Group
Posted Jan 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 99602
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In Global Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it to help answer our clients’ questions. We manage data and workflow processes on the Bloomberg Law platform to help our clients solve problems such as how frequently a judge has ruled against summary judgment in similar cases or which group of cases cite to a specific legal principle. Our data also provides our clients with analysis, which allows them to determine whether a case is still valid for legal filings or if there is a key case missing from their legal arguments. We analyze data so our teams can turn it into insights for our users.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Our diverse team hosts a variety of technical skills, analytical minds, and entrepreneurial spirits. We are looking for people with passion to learn, innovate, teach and build. We do our best work together – and we hope that you’ll join us.
What’s the role:
You’ll launch your career in the Global Data Training Program. You will receive both classroom and on the job training to put you on a path to leverage your technical acumen and intellectual curiosity. After training, you’ll play a key role in acquiring, transforming, and facilitating the publication of legal content and analyses that empowers our clients to make the right decisions. Data Analysts with Bloomberg Law also provide editorial support and work to solve complex issues, helping to drive news content in the legal space.
We’ll trust you to:
- Implement a variety of software solutions to extract, transform, and load data to the Bloomberg Law platform
- Find opportunities for increased efficiency in our existing workflows and processes to make a business impact.
- Collaborate with fellow data analysts, Engineering, and Bloomberg Industry Group staff to devise creative solutions to technical challenges
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to gather requirements, scope and develop project plans
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems, Data Science, Data Analytics, or related business, legal, and technology field
- Proven ability with mark-up languages (XML, SGML, JSON and/or HTML) and XPath
- Good communication skills and attention to detail for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Project management and strong organizational skills
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d like to see:
- Legal knowledge and/or experience
- Juris Doctor a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.