Data Analyst 2 - Supply Chain
Posted Oct 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 96158
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a team, we are responsible for providing companies with deep insights into their purchasing and production costs, how to manage procurement expenditures, and helping to identify potential supplier or customer risks. For investment professionals, supply chain analysis can help provide an edge by finding production disruptions at suppliers or spending budget cuts at a company’s customer base. Supply Chain data can help detect positive signals emanating from deep within the supply chains of their current or prospective portfolio holdings. Each member of Global Data has full ownership of their multidisciplinary role: we are nimble, autonomous, fast-paced, and work with purpose. And we’d like you to join us.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News and Enterprise Solutions, by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Leverage industry and financial knowledge to model supply chains and create insights in accordance with established methodologies
- Design statistical methods to perform quality control of our products
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM field
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- A presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank
- Applied proficiency with Python, and SQL
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
We’d love to see:
- An advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- Project management skills and/or experience, CAPM, PMP and/or CSM preferred
- Desire to innovate and lead change
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.