Data Analyst, 3rd Party Indices
Posted Apr 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 74483
Bloomberg runs on data and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal-the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes-and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
As a data analyst on the 3rd Party Indices team, you will play a key role in producing financial content and establishing relationships with the world's largest index providers. You will contribute to the distribution of unparalleled financial information and help our clients make informed decisions. Not only that, but you will be working within a global team to improve coverage, timeliness, and accuracy of critical index data sets.
We'll trust you to:
- Employ excellent critical thinking and strong modeling skills
- Focus on efforts around process engineering to drive innovation and automation
- Leverage your project management skills to run large initiatives and build and maintain relationships both internally with different departments and externally with our third party index providers
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Combine subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to generate premium content and configure ETL software to improve processes
- Work in an environment where you'll use your analytical abilities to improve the coverage and quality of the index database by on-boarding, maintaining, and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the Index product
You need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or a Technology related field
- 2+ years of professional experience, demonstrating your data analysis skills
- Basic understanding of statistics and data modeling
- Excellent written, communication, presentation and networking skills
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship building skills
- Solid project management skills and prior experience managing stakeholders
- Attention to detail and accuracy when working under pressure
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with statistical and machine learning methods
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Prior experience working with financial markets data
- A presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.