Data Analyst, Commodities & Energy
Posted Dec 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 72437
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our data team takes raw numbers and turns them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. We're looking for people with a passion to learn about the markets and a love of the crucial detail. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis and runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into Bloomberg solutions every second. Our teams produce and populate the numbers, figures, algorithms, research notes and analyses displayed on all Bloomberg products.
What's the role?
The Princeton Global Data team is looking for a highly motivated and energetic person to join our Energy and Commodities team. As a member of this team you will be responsible for the sourcing, integration and support of key energy and emission time series on the Bloomberg system. You will have extensive interaction with our Sales, News and Business areas to support and develop the product. We are looking for a candidate who has a strong desire to succeed, and who wants to be proactive and involved with building and moving the product forward.
We'll trust you to:
· Source and qualify relevant energy data
· Update and process data onto the Bloomberg database in a timely manner
· Maintain and enhance the existing database
· Respond to client queries regarding the data within assigned markets
· Liaise with stakeholders to develop & deliver projects and initiatives
You need to have:
· BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
· 1-2+ years of financial and/or data analysis experience
· Strong analytical and project management skills
· Effective communication and organizational skills, verbal & written
· Commitment to enhancing and developing products
· Proficiency in one or more programming languages: Python, R, SQL
· Experience working with GitHub
· Familiarity with statistical and machine learning methods
· Experience with data modeling and using relational databases for storage and analysis
We'd love to see:
· Expert knowledge using the Bloomberg Professional Service (the Terminal)
You'll need to be able to:
· Work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If you think we're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.