Data Analyst, Content Generation and Automation
Posted Apr 11, 2019 - Requisition No. 74570
Interested in leveraging your strong analytical and technical skills to develop unique content? Looking for ways to blend your financial knowledge with your technical aptitude?
Bloomberg's Global Data division is creating a Content Generation and Automation team that seeks to build a team of analysts with strong technical skills and domain expertise in Financial Markets. This group is responsible for idea generation, testing, validation, and development of the technical infrastructure to automatically create and deliver impactful content. Content and data generated by this team will be used for automated news, events, and core products that will support company-wide initiatives including Events Generation, Key Insights, and News Automation.
We'll trust you to:
Leverage your understanding of what drives the financial markets to identify opportunities for automated content generation, while working closely with partners across departments to implement automated content. To achieve this, you will utilize and develop your technical and market knowledge to analyze data to detect anomalies, design and enhance data workflows, to ensure we deliver impactful events at a high level of quality. In close collaboration with stakeholders, development teams, data teams, and clients, you will turn these content ideas into reality and drive integration with core product, news, and data using our proprietary technology stack.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead projects aimed at generating content to support News & Core Product.
- Develop and leverage your strong technical skills to build automated content and back-testing models that will support the future development of new content and events.
- Identify opportunities to improve data quality, develop solutions, and implement them.
- Build a strong rapport and collaboration with teams across Bloomberg.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and sustainability.
- Engage with external clients to develop project requirements and success metrics.
- Develop creation and delivery methods for content that meets the needs of internal and external clients.
You need to have:
- Prior experience or strong knowledge and understanding of financial markets with a keen interest and drive to expand financial knowledge.
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines across multiple stakeholders and business initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a coding language, such as Python, with proven experience leveraging to perform data analysis, process enhancements and automation, etc.
- Ability to analyze large quantities of data through data analysis tools and an ability to interact and pull data from different types of databases and systems (SQL, API, BAS Services, DL, etc).
- Drive and motivation to work independently as well as with large groups of stakeholders.
- High attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to not just identify problems but provide solutions.
- Ability to proactively seek answers and communicate potential risks.
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
We'd love to see:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with stakeholder management experience.
- Experience working with Bloomberg data to build tools, templates, or models by using tools such as BQL/BQUANT, Microsoft Excel, R, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.