Data Analyst, Fixed Income Mortgages
Posted Nov 3, 2018 - Requisition No. 71728
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Bloomberg Fixed Income Mortgage Collateral team, you will be responsible for delivering loan-level data within the Mortgage product. The team is responsible for extracting and normalizing non-agency mortgage- and asset-backed security collateral data. Your work will be the foundation which supports the MBS analytical functionality on the Bloomberg Terminal. This will require you to collaborate with our clients and the internal cash flow modeling team to tie loan data projections. You will work in a highly technical environment leveraging technologies such as Unix shell scripting, Python, regex, SQLite and Git to perform daily tasks while partnering with stakeholders in Engineering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Leverage your technical programing skills to engineer and process content required to provide clients with accurate data related to the Mortgage product.
- Demonstrate an affinity & track record of taking initiative and ownership for process improvement.
- Cross collaborate with various stakeholders (i.e.) Engineering, business managers, and clients to maintain communication across the product.
- Ensure our loan data cash flows exceed SLA expectations while ensuring consistency and quality.
You need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science and 2 years of experience in a professional environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to dissect a problem in order to provide clear and concise explanations to clients/stakeholders.
- Prior technical experience and a genuine interest in developing your financial acumen.
- Strong team-working skills for working with various internal stakeholders.
- An ability to thrive under pressure.
- The ability to work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
We’d like to see:
- Experience with Python Coding.
- Experience working in large data sets, especially using a Linux/Unix environment.
- Understanding of structured products.
- Commitment to enhancing and developing processes using data extraction technology.
- Examples of continued self-education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.