Data Analyst, Profiles
Posted Oct 30, 2018 - Requisition No. 71643
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Do you love the pace of the financial markets, always on top of movements relating to financial news. Do you understand the importance of data, and enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join the Profiles team in Global Data.
What’s the role?
You will apply your problem-solving and technical skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes. You will do this by working with other thought leaders within Bloomberg, including our Engineering, Core Product and News Teams. You will be expected to build relationships with key players in the financial market by providing exceptional client support, while managing the data that feeds the Bloomberg Terminal.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
A fast paced environment where we balance working on long term goals, with a passionate focus on serving our customer's immediate needs. The Profiles team works on building and maintaining the organizational structures of public companies globally. In addition, we maintain biographical information of the most influential individuals in the financial markets. We are the LinkedIn for the Financial Markets!
We'll trust you to:
- Generate innovative ways to enhance our systems and make our data related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Acquire, update, maintain and process data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Enhance relationships with Bloomberg customers through your domain expertise
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Background in finance, information technology, data analysis or research
- Understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Demonstrated programming experience (Python, SQL, C++, R, HTML)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrable client facing experience
- Effective project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks accordingly and handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.