Data Analyst- BLAW Data Acquisitions
Posted Sep 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 95171
What's the Role?
Bloomberg is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to join the Bloomberg Law Data Acquisition Team. The Acquisition team provides centralized expertise in Bloomberg Law’s (BLAW) content acquisition technology and is responsible for the automation of acquiring all of BLAWs primary source data. The team plays a meaningful role in ensuring the uninterrupted flow of data that directly feeds Bloomberg Industry Group products (including Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Tax & Accounting and Bloomberg Government) and the analytical and editorial workflows related to those products. As a member of the team you will configure our industry-leading, proprietary web-scraping system to acquire content and use our technologies to monitor and ensure the comprehensiveness of our automated collection efforts.
Our technologies foster an efficient infrastructure and workflow for processing and enriching data! The Acquisition Team provides the cornerstone for building those products. You will utilize your technical problem-solving skills and knowledge of web technologies to successfully acquire content from websites and troubleshoot content stream outages. Analysts in this role will also collaborate regularly with Global Data Industry Group and Bloomberg Industry Group stakeholders to identify new acquisition opportunities and generate efficient and reliable automated solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify innovative workflow efficiencies and use cutting-edge technology solutions to enhance our processes
- Configure methods for acquiring and transferring content from external sources to support Global Data and Bloomberg Industry Group businesses
- Apply problem-solving skills to find the most optimal approach to acquire content of varying formats from different website architectures
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to gather requirements, scope and develop project plans
- Assist in monitoring and communicating progress throughout each project’s development life-cycle
- Collaborate with data analysts and Bloomberg Industry Group staff to devise creative solutions to technical challenges
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher academic achievement
- Solid analytical skills with a focus on problem-solving and an interest in using a variety of technologies to meet product needs and effectively solve technical issues relating to automated systems
- Good communication skills and attention to detail for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Project management and strong organizational skills
- Proven track record of working with mark-up languages (HTML, XML and/or JSON) and XPath
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.