Posted Jul 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 105707
The Bloomberg Industry Group (INDG) division of Global Data supports outstanding tools, search and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax. INDG is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. INDG provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way professionals conduct their day to day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients. We extract knowledge from hundreds of millions of legal documents and build intelligent models to enable our customers to get the right answers quickly!
The INDG Data Solutions team is responsible for using and developing groundbreaking technologies to improve our acquisition, data processing workflows and automation models. The team supports Global Data INDG as well as their business partners by providing infrastructure, applications, solutions and services to ensure comprehensive and intelligent data. The team leverages cutting edge technology and ETL process to build reusable components that facilitate faster future builds and help deliver semantically-rich content to client facing applications and consumers. Their goal is to innovate, redefine and streamline acquisition and data processing workflows, drive value through advanced data analysis and machine learning, and reduce cost through automation.
You have an ability to think out-of-the box, are self-organized, and a good communicator. You like to take ownership of your work and make it your own. You also have an ability to experiment quickly and know when to switch approaches and creatively think of an alternate solution.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, develop, and implement internal tools for data processing that power Bloomberg’s product offerings
- Identify and build automated solutions for the acquisition and processing of data that would otherwise require manual effort
- Apply problem-solving skills to build flexible and innovative technology solutions that can be re-used across products
- Gather requirements, develop project plans, monitor progress, and connect with stakeholders throughout the development life cycle
- Collaborate with other data analysts and data engineers to develop creative solutions to the technical challenges facing our businesses
- Supervise, maintain and solve issues for the production systems we support
- Communicate effectively with non-technical partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and resolving requirements to explaining methodological decisions and programming outcomes
- Take ownership of building and maintaining software applications for Global Data Industry Group. You will work in conjunction with Content Teams and Engineering
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of professional experience in data analysis and implementation of technical solutions
- Strong organizational skills, written & verbal communication skills, and analytical skills
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future
We’d love to see:
- Working experience with GitHub
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and solutioning
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, particularly to modify and improve processes and workflows
- Project management skills: ideation, prioritization, communication, delivery
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Excellent communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
- Experience working in a large organization. We look after messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation
- Experience with financial data, or with alternative data that could advise investment theses (such as government data, web data, or geospatial data).
- Experience with mark-up languages (XSLT, XML, SGML and/or HTML) and XPath
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.