Data Annotation Specialist
Posted Mar 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 114649
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
In the Data Management Lab, you will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to improve our systems, products and processes, establish links with key collaborators in the firm, and support the work of all teams in Data.
As a member of our Dialogue Labeling and Annotation Management data team (DLAM), you will need to partner closely with engineering and product teams and will be responsible for project coordination, prioritization, guidance, coaching, and execution of strategic business objectives. In this role your key partners will be our AI Community Engineering teams and our Core product team within Community. You will be the foundation of the Dialogue Labeling and Annotation management team and will help support the development of machine learning models and AI technology, such as, AI assistance with security detection, transcription of voice data, classification of surveillance policies and more. We’ll trust you to understand the downstream usage of our data and use that knowledge to inform product and engineering teams of potential annotation changes. As a data annotation specialist, you will be tasked to use in house tools to transcribe and annotate data for various projects. You will also coordinate annotation efforts by in house annotators. This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop deep subject matter expertise in in the realm of transcription for audio clips, text annotation of financial instruments, and classification of surveillance policies. In this role you will perform quality evaluation of transcription and annotation results produced by yourself and other annotators.
This role will require you to collaborate across data teams as your team will serve as a resource for outside teams that require expertise and training in annotation management. Doing so, will require critical thinking and collaboration across Data, Product, and Engineering teams.
You’ll need to have:
- Earned a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or relevant background
- Demonstrated project, work experience, or coursework that shows your interest and knowledge in the financial markets or human in the loop workflows
- Demonstrated interest or experience with data analysis
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- A high-level proficiency with business intelligence/data visualization tools, preferably QlikSense
- Strong desire to structure and systemize processes, and motivation to push both existing and new workflows in that direction
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with annotation schemas, edge cases, guideline development and maintenance
- Experience transforming workflows into a more timely and efficient process
- Experience working with human in the loop workflows
- Experience using native language skills to capture various forms of linguistic utterances with high accuracy
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.