Posted Feb 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 105979
Our Data team supports the Bloomberg Industry Group (INDG) business, which offers outstanding tools, search, and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax. Bloomberg is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. INDG provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities.
Bloomberg is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated and experienced Data Architect to join our team. Our goal is to provide legal and tax documents and data that are fit for purpose to support the Industry Group suite of products. As Data Architect you will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to understand the business needs of the clients and focus on creating a comprehensive vision and data model. In doing so, you will participate in defining the target state data strategy and roadmap, conduct functional data analysis, profile data content, translate business needs into (requirements for) various types of data models (conceptual, business data model, message schema, semantic models, database model). You will author catalog glossary, data definitions, metadata and contribute towards implementing Data Management processes.
Who are you?
- An autonomous, creative Data Architect who loves technology, is endlessly curious, passionately inquisitive, and an advocate for best practices.
- A systems thinker who can conceive and portray the big data picture, while understanding how to break a larger problem down into smaller pieces that can be solved independently
We'll trust you to:
- Define and lead architectural runway for enterprise data model, enterprise data stores/warehouse, and information management
- Put into action industry standard data architecture & modeling best practices. Work in a fast paced, dynamic & collaborative setting
- You will be encouraged to define various facets of data models: business concepts/upper-level ontology, state-machine, associated entities, objects, relationships and properties, and vocabulary
- Ability to influence partners in governing data and requisite management of its life cycle
- Promote the practice of data modeling/ontology design and metadata management as part of data lifecycle
- Work together with Product, Engineering teams, and domain experts to help craft data strategy and execution roadmap
- Research industry standards and best practices on data attribute and modeling requirements
You’ll need to have:
- Mastery in analyzing data and functionality for diverse enterprise-scale transactional, streaming and analytical style demands
- Data Design skills for organizing the data considering product need, client usability and engineering objectives
- Data modeling and ontology methods for Conceptual, Logical modeling and familiar with design considerations for crafting database and message schemas.
- Understanding of large scale, distributed analysis systems with an ability to understand large systems with minimal documentation
- Strong analytical abilities with passion for data and evidence based decision-making
- Good understanding of system development life cycle and software project management approaches
- Experience with diverse technology applications and associated architectures.
- Experience with communicating and coordinating with internal/external groups to define project scope and meet project deliverables across the implementation process
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel VBA; Hands on experience/fluency in SQL joins and ability to write simple to moderately complex SQL queries.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, statistics, engineering, or a closely related field
We’d love to see:
- Previous experience (2+ years) as a Data Architect working with databases and cloud architecture
- A candidate that will combine technical data science traits with good business insight
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- A creative and analytical problem solver
- Superb communication skills
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition and Natural Language Processing
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.