Data Architecture and Governance Analyst
Posted May 23, 2019 - Requisition No. 75279
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while delivering advanced insights to our clients.
What’s the role?
The Master Data & Governance team provides holistic and consistent data management capabilities within Bloomberg Global Data. This includes domain management, data quality monitoring, metadata management, and master/reference data management. This team is responsible for improving data governance and data quality across various data domains (Entity Management, Financial Instrument Management, Entity Attributes etc.) to empower our business partners and systems.
This team is seeking a highly motivated candidate to develop and help coordinate our governance practices around data modeling, design artifacts, and master data control practices. In addition, this person will partner with various cross functional business & technical teams to ensure understanding of how they can effectively utilize the team’s metadata and taxonomy offerings.
The successful candidate will be able to perform tactical level data analysis and modeling while developing the enterprise strategies these activities support. The core responsibility will be to develop, optimize and oversee our conceptual and logical data designs. The duties may include preparing architect reports, consulting on system migrations, and monitoring progress. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support the operationalization of Data Governance for the Enterprise which includes, but is not limited to developing data stewards, developing program awareness materials, and auditing progress
- Help develop governance practices in line with established frameworks such as DCAM and DMBOK
- Work closely with other Data Architects and Application Architects to ensure alignment of data governance processes and deliverables with systems architectures
- Create and deliver artifacts of dataflow lineage for all entities, relationships and metadata flowing into the Master databases
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Perform industry sweeps to find best of breed software packages and platforms that perform Data -Governance Meta Model management
- Coordinate requirements, UA Testing, and roll-out of tool sets and platforms for the management of master data; develop and maintain detailed documentation of systems and tool sets
- Coordinate with Engineering for the over site of internal custom software development
- Prepare procedural and/or technical manuals and guidelines
- Proactively notify Development Project Manager of risks, bottlenecks, problems, issues, and concerns
- Build and sustain strong relationships with the senior business leaders associated with the platform
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of technology project management or other relevant industry experience
- Prior professional experience in IT Strategy, IT Business Management, Semantic Architecture, or Systems Engineering
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency in MS Excel
We would like to see:
- Knowledge and implementation experience of data management frameworks such as DAMA or DMBOK
- PMP certification
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Qlik, Tableau, D3.js and R)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.