Business Intelligence Developer
New York, NY
Posted May 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 89674
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this information through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
We see the impact of our work every day. Our Business Intelligence (BI) team transforms disparate data sets into actionable insights for our product owners. Members of our dynamic team possess a unique combination of technical skills and business acumen, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. With your keen eye for building and optimizing data systems, you will contribute to the full-stack development of a complete enterprise reporting platform. We’re looking for well-rounded technologists with highly analytical minds who are passionate about telling stories using data, which brings value to our businesses and ultimately our clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Apply your coding skills: automate the influx of data and develop effective analytics to drive successful product adoption
- Inspire and impact our business: act as an internal consultant to influence and implement more efficient products through analysis, dashboards, web apps, and user documentation
- Develop your career: sharpen your technical skills and strengthen relationships through project management, partnering with stakeholders across the firm, and establishing scalable architecture
- Champion improvements: identify strategic technical gaps in our ecosystem and advocate for solutions over workarounds
- Grow our business: Approach each day knowing this role is mission-critical to the success of the firm. We will rely on your expertise, and our flat structure allows for you to make real impact, real quick
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience in software development, data engineering, data science or information technology
- 2+ years of Business Intelligence consulting
- 2+ years of experience working with restful APIs and data modeling within SQL and NoSQL databases
- Deep understanding of large-scale, distributed systems
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.