Posted Sep 24, 2020 - Requisition No. 86067
The Bloomberg Law (BLAW) division of Global Data supports outstanding tools, search and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax! We extract knowledge from hundreds of millions of legal documents and build intelligent models to enable our customers to get the right answers quickly!
The BLAW Data Technology team is responsible for using and developing ground breaking technologies to improve our acquisition, data processing workflows and automation models. The team provides primary support for BLAW teams as well as other business partners who utilize the tools, services and workflows built and maintained by the team.
You have an ability to think out-of-the box, are self-organized, and a good communicator. You like to take ownership of your work and make it your own. You also have an ability to experiment quickly, and know when to switch approaches and creatively think of an alternate solution.
We’ll trust you to:
- Have strong Object oriented analysis and design skills
- Have good knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres)
- Design, develop, and implement internal tools for data processing that power Bloomberg’s product offerings
- Identify and build automated solutions for the acquisition and processing of data that would otherwise require manual effort
- Apply problem-solving skills to build flexible and innovative technology solutions that can be re-used across products
- Gather requirements, develop project plans, monitor progress, and connect with stakeholders throughout the development life cycle
- Collaborate with data analysts and data engineers to develop creative solutions to the technical challenges facing our businesses
- Supervise, maintain and solve issues for the production systems we support
- Communicate effectively with non-technical partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and resolving requirements to explaining methodological decisions and programming outcomes
- Take ownership of building and maintaining software applications for BLAW Global Data. You will work in conjunction with BLAW Content Teams and BLAW Engineering
We’d love to see:
- Working experience with VB.Net, GitHub
- 2+ years of experience in information technology, engineering, or data analysis
- Solid aptitude for problem solving, particularly to modify and improve processes and workflows
- Project management skills: ideation, prioritization, communication, delivery
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Excellent communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
- Experience working in a large organization. We look after messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation
- Experience with financial data, or with alternative data that could advise investment theses (such as government data, web data, or geospatial data).
You’ll need to:
- Be able to work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.