Data Frameworks and Enablement Team Leader
Posted Sep 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 105705
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data division, we are responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process, and publish the data, which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures, which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products, and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Data Frameworks & Enablement team in Global Data is responsible for research, utilization and designing of industry standard best practices around metadata management. The group oversees the semantic modeling, reference data, taxonomy best practices and the Master Data Inventories within the Bloomberg B-FAIR semantic model product. In addition, the group operates as a center of excellence utilizing industry standard frameworks to guide the maturing of our Data Management practices within Global Data as whole. These varied responsibilities require a unique combination of subject matter and project management expertise.
As the Team Leader you will be responsible for maturing our processes and platforms in support of our metadata and modeling efforts. You will lead a high performing team that is responsible for working with the CTO's office in developing the standard Bloomberg Metamodel, the hydration of master data inventories and metadata management standards. In addition, you will serve in a cross product capacity to promote and support the usage of industry standard Data Management practices.
You are required to be a hands-on leader that can effectively manage, motivate, and develop a team. As a Team Leader, you will lead by example in understanding the dataset, the processes, and the broader environment in which the team operates, which are critical to guide the team effectively. You will be hands-on in guiding your team to finding opportunities to leverage technology to improve the core values of quality and timeliness of your product. You will create business and career development opportunities for both the team and the team members.
We’ll trust you to:
- Hire, coach, develop and retain your team members to create a high-performing team
- Work with individual team members to create opportunities for them to advance in their careers within Bloomberg
- Guide, support and drive data analysts to autonomously operate with available technologies
- Utilize subject-matter-expertise to create, document, and execute processes and standards, in consultation with leadership, to ensure appropriate methodologies for data management
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and manage change both at an individual and team level
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress and develop a high performance culture with focus on collaboration, continuous delivery and accountability.
- Collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders (primarily CTO and Engineering)
- Evangelize and drive the use of external standards within our technology, modeling and data maturity practices
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems related business and -STEM fields OR 3+ years experience in leading a Data Management team
- An understanding of and demonstrated use a Data Management framework such DCAM, DMBoK or TOGAF
- Demonstrated leadership skills either through prior formal/informal experience
- Ability to influence others and lead change
- Experience training and mentoring others
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of demonstrated decision-making and -problem-solving skills
- Track record of driving strategies, managing complex projects, and leadership ability in change management or influencing others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges
We’d love to see:
- A Master's degree and/or Professional Certifications in fields related to Data Quality or Information Systems Management
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Experience in an Agile environment or a formal PMO
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense or Tableau
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.